WHAT THE PANDEMIC TAUGHT US
While NYC hospitals did all they could to cope and save lives under unimaginable challenges during the Covid-19 pandemic, birthing mothers worried about being put at risk in the hospital setting. We knew it was time to explore alternatives to hospital birth. The FMFA welcomed the opportunity to evaluate Manhattan Maternity, a modernization of the traditional birth system.
A vision to redesign birth in New York City
Dr. Jaqueline Worth and Dr. George Mussalli co-founded Manhattan Maternity in 2019, with an ambitious goal- to redesign labor and delivery process in New York City. Central themes in this redesign include:
- Designing a serene, comfortable and functional out of hospital birthing space
- Developing clinical protocols that both utilize the latest evidence-based principles and maintain high quality individualized treatment options
- Establishing clinical partnerships to provide robust safety and quality programs for out of hospital birth
- Incorporating technological solutions to make birth safer, more private and intimate while reducing healthcare costs
- Identifying family, doulas, educators, and other birth workers as essential components in best birth experiences
Dr. Jaqueline Worth and Dr. George Mussalli
Doctors Worth and Mussalli have been delivering babies for over 25 years. Their years of experience is the basis for the belief that an out of hospital birth can be both safe and highly satisfying. The application of best science and unparalleled compassion has made their private practice, Village Obstetrics, one of the most sought-after sites for obstetrical care in New York City.
Click below for specifics of the Manhattan Maternity Project study.